d_initial.m problem

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

mengqingjun

d_initial.m problem

#1 Unread post by mengqingjun »

I am preparing initial input files for ROMS using the matlab scripts d_initial.m .
There is "OAname = fullfile(my_root, 'Data/OA', 'oa4_lev94_feb.nc');",and I don't know how to prepare my "oa_lev94_feb.nc".It seems like the file is produced in the old fortran code. I don't know how to produce my files just like "oa4_lev94_feb.nc".
Could anynone help me ? Thanks!

kate

Re: d_initial.m problem

#2 Unread post by kate »

In my experience, the model behaves better when provided with consistent initial (and boundary) conditions from a global ocean model. We have python scripts to extract initial conditions from SODA. I'm sure the Matlab community has something similar.

shiyf

#3 Unread post by shiyf »

kate wrote:In my experience, the model behaves better when provided with consistent initial (and boundary) conditions from a global ocean model. We have python scripts to extract initial conditions from SODA. I'm sure the Matlab community has something similar.
I want to know where can load python scripts and instruction. Thank you very much!!

rdussin

#4 Unread post by rdussin »

hi,

We are working on a way to distribute those scripts and examples. In the meantime,
I can send you the scripts if you send me an e-mail to raphael @ esm.rutgers.edu
(no spaces)

best,
raphael