Error encountered in compiling jobcomp using Romstools

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

jerry19890126

Error encountered in compiling jobcomp using Romstools

#1 Unread post by jerry19890126 »

Hi.I'm a newer to ROMS,and I'm using ROMSTOOLS to run my model.When I started to compile jobcomp in the ~/Romstools/Run directionary,there were some errors, here are the last several lines:

cpp -traditional -DLinux -DIfort -P -I../netcdf_ifc/ -IROMSFILES/AGRIF_INC -I/usr/local/include main.F | ./mpc > ROMSFILES/main.F
/bin/sh: 1: ./mpc: not found
make: *** [main.o] error 127

I cannot figure out where I'm wrong.Someone help me? :(

kate

Re: Error encountered in compiling jobcomp using Romstools

#2 Unread post by kate »

This is mostly the forum for the variant of ROMS coming from myroms.org. You are clearly using some other variant. It looks like mpc is filter coming after cpp and before the compiler, much like our cpp_clean.

miguel.solano

#3 Unread post by miguel.solano »

Hi Jerry,
I got this same error a couple of weeks ago using ROMS AGRIF version. You error is most probably because you are not giving the correct path for the netcdf libraries. Make sure your netcdf libraries are set correctly in your jobcomp script. From waht you posted my guess is your netcdf include file is not in the default :/usr/local/include . This also depends on how you built your netcdf libraries.

jerry19890126

#4 Unread post by jerry19890126 »

thanks everyone.I've just checked again, and found another error message appeared before these lines.Here is the message:

cpp -traditional -DLinux -DIfort -DAGRIF_MPI -I/usr/local/include AGRIF_FILES/modtypes.F90 > AGRIF_YOURFILES/modtypes.f90
/usr/local/bin/mpif90 -O3 -w90 -w95 -cm -72 -fno-alias -i4 -r8 -fp-model precise -I AGRIF -I/usr/local/include -I.. -c AGRIF_YOURFILES/modtypes.f90 -o AGRIF_OBJS/modtypes.o
/usr/local/bin/mpif90: 1: eval: gfortran: not found
make: *** [AGRIF_OBJS/modtypes.o] error 127

I think this is the point leading to the final error.But I still can't figure out why.I've already set LINUX_FC=ifort.And for the header file(param.h),I have not changed it a bit so the option OPENMP and MPI remain to be undef.I'm wondering why mpif90 was still called.

jerry19890126

#5 Unread post by jerry19890126 »

Thank God~Thank everyone.It finally works.I put "source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.csh ia32" in the head of the jobcomp file, and it ran smoothly!But I still don't know why I have to add this line.On my terminal, when I typed "which ifort",it gave the right path.While in the jobcomp script, I added "echo `which ifort`" and compiled the code ,it suggested that no such command.In other words, the $PATH is different when compiling the program.Forgive my poor English expression.

andres

#6 Unread post by andres »

Hi,

I think the problem was your fortran pre-processor (fpp). Your path was not well defined so you couldn't find it.

As you found, this solves that problem

source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.csh ia32

it is better if you put it in your .bashrc file.
jerry19890126 wrote:Thank God~Thank everyone.It finally works.I put "source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.csh ia32" in the head of the jobcomp file, and it ran smoothly!But I still don't know why I have to add this line.On my terminal, when I typed "which ifort",it gave the right path.While in the jobcomp script, I added "echo `which ifort`" and compiled the code ,it suggested that no such command.In other words, the $PATH is different when compiling the program.Forgive my poor English expression.
Andres Sepulveda

------------------------------
Geophysics Department
University of Concepcion

dipanjanrocks01

#7 Unread post by dipanjanrocks01 »

I have same problem but i am using Mac os and compiler is gfortran...How to solve this?? i stuck here since a long time... :(

patrickm

#8 Unread post by patrickm »

Hi, please use the ROMS-AGRIF forum for your problem ... Patrick

dipanjanrocks01

#9 Unread post by dipanjanrocks01 »

I already put it there.... today I got a solution...Thanks a lot.. :P