#define TS_PSOURCE
#define Q_PSOURCE
and define SEDIMENT in the .h file.
In the ocean.in file i set
LtracerSrc == T T T ! temperature, salinity, inert
in the sediment.h file, i set,
MUD_Ltracer == T
SAND_Ltracer == T
However,the model result show only river_salt, river_temp,and river_transport add the forcing.The u,v,temp,salt have been influenced by the river.But,the river_dye_01,river_mud_01,river_sand_01 have no effect.
Why ? Thank you !
PS:
I have add the river_dye_01,river_mud_01,river_sand_01 to the river forcing file.And these river_* are not 0.The log file is attached.
Attachments
log.rtf
log
(30.52 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

wilkin

Re: The river question with dye and sediment

#2 Unread post by wilkin »

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but you have defined both UV_PSOURCE (which is for flow entering horizontally through the side face of a grid cell) and Q_PSOURCE (which is for flow entering as if rainfall through the top of a grid cell). These two options are somewhat contradictory. You should choose just one.

That your stdout shows:

GET_NGFLD - river runoff XI-positions at RHO-points
(Min = 2.12000000E+02 Max = 2.13000000E+02)
GET_NGFLD - river runoff ETA-positions at RHO-points
(Min = 1.50000000E+02 Max = 1.50000000E+02)
GET_NGFLD - river runoff direction
(Min = 1.00000000E+00 Max = 1.00000000E+00)

suggests that QSOURCE has prevailed (... " at RHO-points ")

I have most experience with UV_PSOURCE. One thing to check is that the grid points where you have defined the sources - it looks like you have two at (212,150) and (213,150) - are in water not land. You have MASKING defined and these grid coordinates are interior to your grid. The index must follow ROMS Fortran index conventions, so it is easy to misinterpret these locations (e.g. if you are working in Matlab and everything numbers from 1) and inadvertently place your source in the land mask.

With UV_PSOURCE you also have to check that you are using index values appropriate to the runoff direction. You have selected 1 for both sources, so this flow is in the eta direction. Therefore it implies a flow through a "v" face, so (i,j) applies to the "v" points grid.

[Your stdout shows "closed" west and south boundary conditions for dye and sediment, but "radiation" for active tracers. This seems inconsistent, so you might also check your logic there.]

John.
John Wilkin: DMCS Rutgers University
71 Dudley Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA. ph: 609-630-0559 jwilkin@rutgers.edu

nganju

#3 Unread post by nganju »

you probably want to define SUSPLOAD (suspended-sediment transport) in your header file.
As John pointed out, be careful about the indices also, that can cause problems if you are off by one...

rcxy

#4 Unread post by rcxy »

Thank wilkin and nganju.
I have solved the problem with wilkin's proposal.
I am very sorry for my english.