PGFIO-F-219/attempt to read/write past end of record

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

yongjinxiao

PGFIO-F-219/attempt to read/write past end of record

#1 Unread post by yongjinxiao »

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to modify fennel code and set up a multiple phytoplankton Bio_toy. It seems OK to get compiled (using pgi), but the executable oceanS just does not work. The error message is:

************************************************************************************
Process Information:

Thread # 0 (pid= 1457) is active.

Model Input Parameters: ROMS/TOMS version 3.2
Monday - December 14, 2009 - 11:24:37 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PGFIO-F-219/formatted write/internal file/attempt to read/write past end of record.
In source file mod_ncparam.f90, at line number 1462
************************************************************************************

So apparently the executable stopped at the very beginning, not even printing out the right header information. And for the pgfio-f-219 error, the information that I found on the internet says that the error may mean you are directly copying machine memory into human readable ASC-II file.

I also looked at Line 1462 in mod_ncparam.f90, and it's where ROMS "set passive tracers surface flux metadata".

Line 1462: WRITE (Vname(1,varid),'(a,a)') &
Line 1463: & TRIM(ADJUSTL(Vname(1,idTvar(i)))), '_sflux'
Line 1464: WRITE (Vname(2,varid),'(a,a)') &
Line 1465: & TRIM(ADJUSTL(Vname(2,idTvar(i)))), ', surface flux'

Regarding the source code "mod_ncparam.F", I did not change anything, except for a few lines in fennel part.

Any thoughts or advices would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Yongjin