You can apply in USAjobs under the following announcement:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470942100 (open to the public)
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/470941700 (open to existing federal employees).
You can also search USAjobs under the following announcement numbers:
- NOS-OCS-2017-0018 (MAP)
- Initiate, conduct, and coordinate such projects as the design and standardization of software infrastructures, modeling numerics, gridding techniques, and coupling technology to enable effective development and transition to operations of hydrodynamic models.
- Lead the development of modeling systems for operational real-time forecasting of water levels, currents, temperatures, and salinity of estuaries and coastal regions.
- Provide programming support for numerical coding, numerical model post-processing (graphics, encoding of output, web construction), accessing modem databases, parallel computation, and network applications for the development of oceanographic circulation model-based systems .
- Develop and apply statistical and graphical tools to be used to evaluate measures of quality of physical models.
- Communicate hydrodynamic modeling research and development results with the national and international oceanographic science community.
- Participate in community hydrodynamic modeling efforts with other NOS and NOAA program offices, other federal, state, local governments, academia, and the private sector.