We are looking for a young scientist to join our group, at the Physical Oceanography Department, CICESE - Baja California / Mexico.
The position is linked to the project "Synthesis of Historical Observations using Novel Model Approaches to Improve Understanding and Predictability of Deep Gulf of Mexico Circulation".
This is a POST-DOC position aiming to understand the deep circulation in the Gulf of Mexico. We will use a state-of-the-art numerical simulation with 4DVar data assimilation (ROMS-IS4DVar) to generate a reanalysis of the ocean state. The analysis of the deep circulation will be done based on model results and available datasets (specially mooring data).
Previous experience with the ROMS ocean model is highly desirable. The
position is initially for 1 year, with possible extension for another year depending on performance and funding.
Please, serious candidates only!
- PhD. in Physical Oceanography or equivalent;
- Experience running and/or analyzing the outputs of oceanic numerical
- Proven good communication skills (written and spoken) in English.
- Experience with the ROMS model
- Experience with data assimilation.
- Be able to work/communicate in Spanish.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Joao Marcos A C Souza (email@example.com