There is an opening for a post-doc at the Physical Oceanography Laboratory at the Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries in Split, Croatia. We are looking for a motivated young scientists with experience in ocean numerical modelling. Post-doc will be employed on an international project dealing with research of meteorological tsunamis. This is a joint project of scientific institutes from Croatia, Italy, Spain and Russia, with leading world meteotsunami researchers involved.
The post-doc will contribute to numerical modelling of meteotsunamis, analysis of model outputs, development of coupled atmospheric-ocean models, and creation of a meteotsunami warning system.
Tentative starting date is February 2016.
- PhD in Physical Oceanography
- experience running and/or analyzing the outputs of oceanic numerical models
- Proven good communication skills (written and spoken) in English
- Experience with the ROMS model and/or finite elements model
- Experience with atmospheric numerical models (WRF, ALADIN, ...)
More details on the project and on application can be obtained on request from Jadranka Sepic (email@example.com