Please find below the announcement for the JONSMOD 2018 Conference that will be held from 17-19 October 2018 in Florence, Italy.
Aims and scope
JONSMOD means Joint Numerical Sea Modelling Group and started in 1981. The general theme of JONSMOD conferences is ‘Latest modeling techniques for shallow seas’. The intention of JONSMOD biannual conferences is to allow informal discussions and exchange alongside presentations. In particular, the conference aims to provide a friendly atmosphere to young scientists who wish to present their work to a qualified audience.
Another goal is to publish a selection of the JONSMOD papers in an Internationally refereed journal (in previous conferences we chose the Ocean Dynamics journal).
The main topics of interest to the JONSMOD 2018 conference will be:
- - Modeling of physical processes in shallow waters and regional oceans important for circulation, hydrography, regional ocean climate, waves, sediment transport, and ecological processes
- Numerical methods including the use of structured and unstructured grid techniques;
- Data assimilation techniques ;
- Nesting techniques and open boundary conditions;
- Needs and use of remote sensing data.
- Abstract submission is due before June 30, 2018;
- Abstract acceptance will be communicated to authors before July 30, 2018;
- Deadline for early bird registration at reduced rate of 250 euros is August 31, 2018;
- Full rate registration (300 euros) will be possible up to September 30, 2018;
- For not-presenting participants, registration is extended until October 7, 2018.
For details on logistics (venue, directions, registration, hotels, etc.), please go to http://www.lamma.rete.toscana.it/jonsmod-2018.
We are looking forward to welcome you in Firenze.
Erik de Goede, Deltares, The Netherlands
Eric Deleersnijder, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Belgium, and Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Pierre Garreau, IFREMER, France
Ulf Gräwe, Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research, Germany
Patrick Luyten, Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Belgium
Karina Hjelmervik, University College of Southeast Norway, Norway
Stefano Taddei, Consorzio LaMMA, Italy
Official JONSMOD Wiki website: https://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/JONSMOD/Home