realistic application error

Discussion of how to use ROMS on different regional and basin scale applications.

Moderators: arango, robertson

fragoso

realistic application error

#1 Unread post by fragoso »

Hi. I´m new to ROMS and after reading many and many instructions at FAQ, WikiRoms and Bulletin Board I managed to install ROMS at both a PC laptop and a Mac.

I began running the upwelling test case and it all went fine. I´m now trying to build my realistic application: Southwestern Brazilian Bight.

I´m using ROMS_TOOLS since I´m a Matlab addict and after modifying the scripts for initialization I managed make ROMS read and understand (I think) the grid and initial conditions. But when it gets to forcing file I get an error message:

"GET_2DFLD - unable to find requested variable: bhflux in input NetCDF file: roms_br_frc.nc"

I made some research and I couldn´t even find out what this bhflux variable stands for...

Could someone help me with that please???

Thanks,

Mauricio Fragoso
PROOCEANO
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

jacopo

#2 Unread post by jacopo »

If you need to figure out what a variable name means, you want to look into ROMS/External/varinfo.dat.

There you find:

'bhflux' ! Input
'bottom net heat flux'
'watt meter-2' ! Input: [Watt/m2]
'bottom heat flux, scalar, series' ! [Celsius m/s]
'bhf_time'
'idTbot(itemp)'
'r2dvar'
1.0d0

The error is reporting that the model can't find any bhflux value in the forcing file. Unless you are interested in bottom temperature flux, what you want to do is to define ANA_BTFLUX and the model will set it to zero (as defined in Functionals/ana_btflux.h).

Jacopo

fragoso

#3 Unread post by fragoso »

Thanks! I followed your instructions and now I got ROMS running for SW Brazilian Bight!