headland test case blow up

Discussion of how to use ROMS on different regional and basin scale applications.

Moderators: arango, robertson

smrhashemi

headland test case blow up

#1 Unread post by smrhashemi »

Hello all

I have compiled both inlet test case and head land test case in ROMS to start studying wave current interactions. Inlet test case works fine.

But, the head land test case blows up after 80 time steps due to nan values in the results.

I have used the build.bash and test_head.h to build the oceanM, I suppose the physics should be right.
I also reduced the time step but it did not work

Any idea what is the source of the problem?
thanks
Reza

smrhashemi

Re: headland test case blow up

#2 Unread post by smrhashemi »

Further to my previous post,

I realized that the header file for this test case in the Include directory of ROMS source code is different from the header file which comes in the ROMs example directory (whic includes all the necessary files for running this case). In terms of the ROMS version, I am not sure which header file is suitable with the most recent version and maybe that is the source of the problem. Additionally some options about the type of the boundary conditions is not only in the ocean.in file, it has been specified in build.sh (e.g MY_CPP_FLAGS="${MY_CPP_FLAGS} -DNORTHERN_WALL") which seems not necessary for the recent versions of ROMS.

I would appreciate any comment about the proper setup for this test case

thanks